Welcome to Barclays Bank of Botswana
Barclays Bank is Botswana's leading commercial bank. We employ 1,100 people and have 34 branches and 115 ATMs throughout the country. Wherever you are in the country, we are right there with you.
Being the biggest is not enough; we aim to be the best so that we make the lives of our customers much easier. We have been recognised by Euromoney and EMEA Finance have voted us the Best Bank in Botswana in the past few years.
We make a positive impact in the communities in which we operate. We believe that, as one of Botswana's oldest corporate citizens, we have a responsibility towards improving the quality of life of citizens. We take pride in the work we do in our communities with partners amongst them Stepping Stones International, The Company at Maitisong who produce the educational and entertaining Madi Majwana, Mothers for All, Kalahari Conservation Society, Kuru Trust and others.
Through the Barclays F.G Mogae Scholarship Fund we are able to fund academically outstanding postgraduate students for further studies .
We opened our doors in Botswana in 1950 with our first branch in Lobatse. We expanded our network until 1975 when Barclays became an incorporated company in Botswana.
We are publicly listed on the Botswana Stock Exchange, which means that citizens of Botswana now have a stake in our Business.
Barclays at a glance :
Barclays is fully global, fully regional and fully local financial services provider engaged in personal banking, credit cards, corporate and investment banking and wealth and investment management. With over 300 years of history and expertise in banking, Barclays operates in more than 50 countries and employs 140,000 people. Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for customers and clients worldwide.
You want to know that your money is safe with us? It is and this is how we make sure it stays that way:
- Barclays follows governance guidelines that meet the BSE Listing requirements.
- We continually train and retrain all our people in these guidelines.
- We believe in and practice integrity in our business dealings. We also have a conduct risk manual that guides the way we do business.
- We have independent non-executive directors who are chosen for their business ability and fearless integrity. They help ensure that Barclays stays true to its Values.
- We are supervised by the Bank of Botswana, which regulates all banks in the country and keeps a close eye on their activities.
- We are listed on the Botswana Stock Exchange. This means that our accounts are available to the public and we have to satisfy investors and regulators that we are a sound business.