We’ll help you source foreign currency, choose the best investment products as well as keep you informed about the local and global foreign exchange and money markets. Speak to our team of experts for assistance.
Get foreign exchange on the spot
If you want immediate foreign currency get in touch with our experienced team who’ll tell you more about our spot foreign exchange.
Simple forex risk management solutions
Our team of specialists will help you manage different kinds of exposure you face in the day-to-day running of your business, be it foreign exchange, interest rates or commodity risk.
What you need to know
- Derivatives are contracts whose value depends on (derives from) the value of an underlying asset, reference rate or index
- Barclays markets provides derivative and risk management products like Forward Contracts, Swaps and Options
- Our global presence ensures better pricing of these solutions as we leverage on synergies derived from risk management advantages for different currencies and commodities across the world.
Grow your investment portfolio
We offer Treasury Bills, Treasury Bonds and Fixed and Unfixed Deposits at competitive rates to Financial Institutions, Non-Banking Financial Institutions, Corporate Institutions, Small and Medium Enterprises, Businesses and Individuals. Partner with us and enjoy easy access to funds when you need them.
Stay a head of the pack with our market updates
We keep you informed about the local and global foreign exchange and money markets. Plus, get free daily market commentary about what transpired in the previous trading sessions, and what the outlook for various sections is through our Daily Market Report. Our dealers are available to give you market updates, as well as access to Barclays Research publications, keeping you updated on news and other factors that move the market locally and globally.
What you get
- We keep you informed about the local and global foreign exchange and money markets.
- Get free daily market commentary through our Daily Market Report.
What you need to know
- Our dealers are available to give you market updates, access to research house reposts and news updates on factors that move the market locally and globally, on a daily basis.
Get all your foreign currency online
Trading internationally has never been so easy with our foreign exchange trading platform. Through our on-the-ground presence, extensive knowledge of local African markets and proven expertise in foreign exchange electronic trading solutions, we are in an excellent position to unlock local market liquidity in 12 countries across Africa and the Indian Ocean.
BARX Africa is a 24-hour foreign exchange electronic trading platform which streams
prices in over 80 currencies and 480 currency pairs.
What you get
- Full suite of foreign exchange products including spot, forwards & swaps.
- Easy-to-use with instant deal confirmation
- Market information to assist with informed decision making
- Real time execution in local & major currency pairs up to 1 year forward
- Precision pricing in both spot & forward outrights
- Configurable pricing displays
- Live streaming ticker, news streams, intraday charts and fully customisable trade blotters
- Access to research charting & analysis via Barclays Live
- Straight through processing and links to risk capability
- No minimum and maximum trade size
- Improved control over your foreign exchange execution
- Downloadable historical deal information providing a clear audit trail
- 24 hour client service and support
Barclays Live gives access to research published by Barclays as well as analytical tools to keep up to date with market developments.
- Access to local and global research and content
- Comprehensive cross-asset class data
- Sophisticated analytical tools
- Subscription functionality to have research automatically emailed to you
- Newsreels to keep you updated with our latest views and research for a given product and region